www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 18-10-07, 16:39   #1
Chocolate
Professor

Lightbulb Things in TR [49] Exploring the TR5 Title Screen [SAVEGAMES INCLUDED!]

The TR5 title screen has always been a slight mystery to most of us people. Being one of the people who try and look deeper inside Tomb Raider, I have been hopelessly trying to access the title screen to explore it. I have always been trying to find ways to access it properly. I knew that other people were able to access it completely, and I had always tried to figure out how they did it, but only now thanks to sapper telling me how to use FexInspectSK, I’ve managed to finally explore the TR5 title screen!

Not only have I provided screenshots, but I have also provided instructions and savegames so that you can also explore the TR5 title screen!

To avoid confusion I’ll split this thread up into posts. The first post of this thread will contain all the links to whatever you need, and I will later display the many screenshots on another page. And no, I am not doing this to raise my post count, because quite frankly I wouldn’t care if my post count was erased to zero! I am only doing this so that these things look more organized. Also there are a lot of images to load, so if you wish to load each segments separately then you can do so. It is very annoying that you want to read the instructions/click on the download link at the bottom, but every 2 seconds the forum page extends from an image loading and you have to keep scrolling down…

Links:

Screenshots (Church Area and Chapel)
Screenshots (VCI 1, Lara’s Mansion)
Screenshots (VCI 2, VCI 3, Egyptian Desert)
FexInspectSK instructions
Download link/instructions

sapper's files:
Alternative version of demo.trc [Lara can move normally - no savegames included. Thanks to sapper for the file!]
Modified Savegames [with pistols - access via Inventory]
Title screen with Animations
Title screen with Egyptian workers animated [and other animations, I think...]

Last edited by Chocolate; 12-11-07 at 18:21.
Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-07, 16:39   #2
Chocolate
Professor

Arrow

Screenshots (Church Area, Chapel)

Note that these might not be in the chronological order of appearance, but who cares? They’re all included, except the last part of VCI, because that can easily be accessed.

Also note that Lara can’t actually move properly. You can still manoeuvre her with some methods, but if you keep her standing still for too long then she stands stiff in a weird position. So I took most screenshots of her whilst she was walking or running just to make them look better, though in some of them she is standing stiff.

Church Area – the outdoors of the church with all the tombstones.

The people walking on the footpath…look at that woman! O_o

The Chapel

Old 18-10-07, 16:41   #3
Chocolate
Professor

Arrow

Screenshots (VCI 1, Lara’s Mansion)

VCI Area 1 – remember the parts of the title screen where you’d find Lara placed in some troublesome situation? Unfortunately I’ve yet to find a way to trigger these situations, but for now we can only explore these small areas. There’s nothing really interesting in this area except some areas with flashing lights.

Lara’s Mansion – probably the most interesting place of all these places of the title screen. Obviously it does not consist of the WHOLE mansion but it is still worth checking out, although there is a now-available adaptation of a TR4 mansion which can be downloaded.

Wow! The horse fountain actually has water in it…

…but it’s frozen!

They even crafted this area but there is nothing beyond that area. There’s nothing behind the “door” of the maze area/go-kart track, whichever you prefer. That path leads nowhere, just an empty textureless place.

So anyway, back to the house…

Now we enter inside the house…

All the so-called doors you see in the area are just textures. They do not open and there is nothing beyond them; they are simply put there for decorating reasons. Obviously Core did not intend us to be able to explore Lara’s mansion for the last time...
Old 18-10-07, 16:42   #4
Chocolate
Professor

Arrow

Screenshots (VCI 2, VCI 3, Egyptian Desert)

VCI Area 2 – Not very explorable, but you might want to check it out anyway.

VCI Area 3 – nothing more than but a room with a computer desk, a cupboard and some broken glasses…

Egyptian Desert – another really interesting place to explore!

As you may already know, the ‘people’ in here are tiny…

Still, despite there being really tiny people, this pyramid looks huge. Let’s check it out.

The top of the pyramid! It’s so big that you can’t even see the ground.

And finally, we slide off the pyramid…

I will not include the last VCI area screenshots because it has probably been accessed by many of us already, plus there are some places where you can view them:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=95876
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=109068
Old 18-10-07, 16:43   #5
Chocolate
Professor

Arrow

Savegame download + Instructions:
[That’s instructions on getting the savegame work. If you want instructions on how I got Lara into these parts of the title screen, look in this post.

Instructions on how to use these savegames are included in the readme, but I’ll outline the general things you have to do:

1. You must have the TR5 demo. You can download it here if you do not have it.

2. Extract all the files from the ZIP file into your root TR5 folder, which by default should be c:\program files\core design\tr5demo. Make sure the options “Use Folder names”, “All files/folders” and “overwrite existing data” are checked. Backup any files if you wish.

3. Open up the Tomb Raider 5 demo. If you select “New Game” then Lara will just end up in the last VCI area. To access different parts of the title screen, select one of the savegames I have provided for you. I have even named them so that you know where they are. Lara will become stiff and not moveable if you keep her still for too long. To get her running and moving again, you can either use the Roll key and quickly take control of her or you can activate the DOZY cheat and make her fly around.

To activate DOZY, just hold the D, O, Z and Y keys until she begins to levitate. To move her around, press Alt. To return to normal mode, press the left shift key.

DOWNLOAD SAVEGAMES HERE
Includes a copy of the title screen level already renamed to demo.trc, in case you replaced the title screen elsewhere or something .
Old 18-10-07, 16:47   #6
maximum_123
Relic Hunter

Awesome!
maximum_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-07, 16:50   #7
tlr online
Administrator

Very awesome
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-07, 17:13   #8
Alex Fly
Legend

Smile

Awesome work, Chocolate ! And very interesting !
Old 18-10-07, 17:38   #9
Chug a Bug
Archaeologist

Very very Awesome! I've been trying to do this for years, could never quite figure it out.
Old 18-10-07, 17:45   #10
Tthe Spirit
Professor

amazong work..

hope i ca do it this time