www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-11-07, 13:15   #1
mattlsu
Archaeologist

Default Tomb Raider Rebirth

Hello everybody. A few days ago, I was cleaning up my hardrive, and came across the files for Tomb Raider 1, then I got an idea. I quickly opened up TR2Prj and converted some of the levels into project files and played around with them a bit. I then suddenly had the desire to build on to the levels, and re-texture them to make the graphics look a little more updated. So that's what I started doing. I really wanted to wait to announce this, since I'm so far behind, but I want to hear your input on it. I'm making the levels in order from first to last, starting at her gym, which I'm still working on. I've got a handfull of screenshots below, to show my progress. (If they are too big, I will resize them.)

Do you think this is an idea worth going for? I know remakes are VERY hated here, but this isn't a one-to-one game. I will be adding my own custom levels in, I'll turn some of the FMVs into levels, add new enemies, puzzles, etc. Anyway, let me know what you think about the whole idea. It's just a fresh view on the classic game, except only I'm using color, unlike Crystal Dynamics.
Old 04-11-07, 13:23   #2
*PH*
Professor

sounds good
FMV to cuts
do you mean like the hotel she meets larson as level
*PH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 13:25   #3
GeckoKid
Archaeologist

while CD didn't use colour much, i think your colours are too much.

I see that it is the TR1 mansion, but seems that it kinda looks like a base level with those grating objects on the windows, unless you want it that way, I'd suggest you change it
GeckoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 13:35   #4
MaskedRaider
Archaeologist

I like some of it - the pool and the attic look wonderful, (the attic especially, the wood textures are great, and the light beams add something!') but the gym looks plain. You're doing some nice work, but personally i think you need to have better textures in the gym and to change the lighting in the main hall, it has a very strange unearthly effect and needs to be more natural.
Well done for waiting until announcing your idea A thread opener like this could teach some people a thing or two!
Old 04-11-07, 13:40   #5
[Xmas]
Tomb Raider

Thumbs up

It is really good work ,
I like colors, you make boring TR1 manor,
very interesting .
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 13:41   #6
KIKO
Relic Hunter

They are nice. I like the textures. It makes it feel like a real home. You should put some objects to fill the emptiness on the walls and the celling
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 13:42   #7
*PH*
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
They are nice. I like the textures. It makes it feel like a real home. You should put some objects to fill the emptiness on the walls and the celling
yes,
the old manors were all very empty
*PH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 13:52   #8
mattlsu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by *PH* View Post
sounds good
FMV to cuts
do you mean like the hotel she meets larson as level
Well, I mean I'll take some of the FMVs from the real game, and turn it into playable levels, like the bike chase to the boat, and a "Lara stomps out Bigfoot" level. But I'll have some cutscenes also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I'll be adding some statues and other objects, maybe some paintings. I'm hardly finished with it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoKid View Post
seems that it kinda looks like a base level with those grating objects on the windows
You're right, didn't really think about it that way.
Old 04-11-07, 14:03   #9
God Horus
Tomb Raider

OMG This is such a coincidence! I was doing something just like this! I recreated the manor for scratch, but the rest, (eg Caves, Vilcamababa) I will be re-texturing with Anniversary textures. Good Luck, this kind of stuff can get very challenging!
God Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 14:08   #10
jungle raider
Explorer

Playble cuts will be included in tra retold too.But if you want you can make them.