www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 10-01-09, 23:50   #1
SacrifialLamb
Hobbyist

Default I'm one of the 30 who got fired by Eidos, ask away

As you all have heard we got fired because Eidos didn't make as much of a profit as they hoped, to be able to buy another Ferrari in another color for each of their greedy executives.

So we, the people who do most of the work and who really needed the job had to make room so the lazy millionaires who rarely show up at work because they are busy tanning on a beach somewhere on Hawaii, had a sacrificial lamb to slaughter. Now of course everything is solved.....?

No. Eidos and the people with high paid jobs who 'couldn't care less about this silly game' (real quote from a small unofficial meeting about Tomb Raider by one of them) are the problem and everyone knows this. Even they themselves know it. But how can they fire themselves or the ones they are close to....? This is just show for shareholders and them trying to save their own lazy butts.

Yes, I am ****ed off. We were forced to sign a paper which basically says we can't talk about it ir get sued for a lot of money...well, come and find me Eidos!

Ask away and as long as it doesn't endanger the job of someone else, I will answer.
SacrifialLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 23:53   #2
Rydell
Archaeologist

Dude, that's rough. Sorry about this man, I hope everything works out for you in the future. What exactly were you working on? Anything to do with the DLC? Perhaps animation? Graphic design? Can you talk about that?

Last edited by Rydell; 11-01-09 at 00:00.
Rydell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 23:54   #3
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacrifialLamb View Post
As you all have heard we got fired because Eidos didn't make as much of a profit as they hoped, to be able to buy another Ferrari in another color for each of their greedy executives.

So we, the people who do most of the work and who really needed the job had to make room so the lazy millionaires who rarely show up at work because they are busy tanning on a beach somewhere on Hawaii, had a sacrificial lamb to slaughter. Now of course everything is solved.....?

No. Eidos and the people with high paid jobs who 'couldn't care less about this silly game' (real quote from a small unofficial meeting about Tomb Raider by one of them) are the problem and everyone knows this. Even they themselves know it. But how can they fire themselves or the ones they are close to....? This is just show for shareholders and them trying to save their own lazy butts.

Yes, I am ****ed off. We were forced to sign a paper which basically says we can't talk about it ir get sued for a lot of money...well, come and find me Eidos!

Ask away and as long as it doesn't endanger the job of someone else, I will answer.
I told you they were an evil corporation. I believe this person. I wonder how many people at Eidos were fired? This is just like the car companies asking for bailouts yet they're flying in private jets, getting spa treatments, and staying at expensive hotels. "Eidos loves you" my ass. Eidos doesn't give a **** about Tomb Raider and it shows.
Old 10-01-09, 23:56   #4
Larapink
Tomb Raider

...Edited.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Larapink; 11-01-09 at 00:58.
Larapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 23:57   #5
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larapink View Post
To be honest with you there are plenty more Game studios in the sea....

It's tough, but that's life.
But getting a job there may be difficult.
Old 10-01-09, 23:57   #6
Rivendell
Legend

I'm sorry for your loss. Truly.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 23:57   #7
Rydell
Archaeologist

Quote:
Dude, I would be careful about this as well. I'm concerened for you and I wouldn't want you to end up in any sort of trouble because you wanted to come talk to the fans about what really happened.
Old 10-01-09, 23:58   #8
SacrifialLamb
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydell View Post
Dude, that's rough. Sorry about this man, I hope everything works out for you in the future. What exactly were you working on? Anything to do with the DLC? Perhaps animation? Graphic design? Can you talk about that?
Thanks Rydell. I can't say what my job was sorry because it would narrow things for Eidos. Though I have very interesting things to say about the DLC if someone asks the right question, I can't just say it like that.
SacrifialLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 23:59   #9
JACOBryanBURNS
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacrifialLamb View Post

Now, I legitimately understand that if you're actually one of the thirty who got the can. . . you'd be ultra upset and be willing to speak out against it. BUT. . . what strikes me as odd and weird is that they "forced" you to sign a paper saying you can't talk about it. If they fired you, you're under no obligation to save their face. Firing you puts you out of their hands. . . so, that is a little red flag for me. BUT. . . given the severity of the situation, if you actually are someone who got the pink-slip, I'm extremely sorry and I don't mean to doubt you. . .
Old 10-01-09, 23:59   #10
Sir Croft
Legend

Well, that sucks. I'm sorry for you and the rest of the fired people. I don't have anything to ask, if what you said about that quote is true it's enough for me.