www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-11, 13:58   #1
kevindatsun
Explorer

Default Who wants to see screenies of my PRJ?

Hi TRF , I just want to post my screenshots of my project "Lara Croft : Land of The Zombies REMASTERED"

I think some of you played the BETA demo version of it and i know it sucks , so here is the REMASTERED version

Rooftops:

Road to Nowhere( Bike ride )

still working on the last two levels : "Warehouse and Final Chamber"
i hope you appreciate it , thanks
Old 10-11-11, 14:03   #2
klona
Gold Contributor

Looks spooky.
But I'd rather if you darken it up a little.
Old 10-11-11, 16:20   #3
Titak

Rooftops:
Since the sky is read it might make the place look spookier if you would add some reddish lighting.
Like make the ambient lighting fairly dark and then use a reddish/orange sunbulb in every outdoor room and spice things up with some extra lightbulbs or spotlights.

The bricks on the sides of the buildings look stretched.

Road to Nowhere (Bike ride)
Are those supposed to be rocks on the side of the dirt road?
If so, then I don't think that texture looks very rocky.

Another thing you could do to make the rocks look more like rocks (=more organic and less straight) is to raise some floor parts (slopes and trianglular parts) and also texture those with the rock textures.

Same goes for the dirt road itself.
Putting some 1 or 2 clicks dents or mounts in it will make it look more organic.

If you are using the same red sky there, you could also make the lighting reddish, like I suggested for the rooftops level.
(Good lighting really adds to the atmosphere of a level! )

The objects you have used look good.
They fit the kind of scenery you have going on there.
Old 10-11-11, 20:48   #4
kevindatsun
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Rooftops:
Since the sky is read it might make the place look spookier if you would add some reddish lighting.
Like make the ambient lighting fairly dark and then use a reddish/orange sunbulb in every outdoor room and spice things up with some extra lightbulbs or spotlights.

The bricks on the sides of the buildings look stretched.

Road to Nowhere (Bike ride)
Are those supposed to be rocks on the side of the dirt road?
If so, then I don't think that texture looks very rocky.

Another thing you could do to make the rocks look more like rocks (=more organic and less straight) is to raise some floor parts (slopes and trianglular parts) and also texture those with the rock textures.

Same goes for the dirt road itself.
Putting some 1 or 2 clicks dents or mounts in it will make it look more organic.

If you are using the same red sky there, you could also make the lighting reddish, like I suggested for the rooftops level.
(Good lighting really adds to the atmosphere of a level! )

The objects you have used look good.
They fit the kind of scenery you have going on there.

You have a point there but its too late for now to edit the rooftops level because everytime i load the rooftops PRJ it crashes ,and I dont want to go back from scratch , i think im going to be busy on the road to nowhere level for now
Old 10-11-11, 22:01   #5
Jewlz420
Explorer

thats funny, i never had any problems when reloading a project but i have had a few problems with wad files crashing, but anyways great screens!!
Old 11-11-11, 01:39   #6
mudkip25
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindatsun View Post
You have a point there but its too late for now to edit the rooftops level because everytime i load the rooftops PRJ it crashes ,and I dont want to go back from scratch , i think im going to be busy on the road to nowhere level for now
That's no reason!
You can always rip the .prj, .tga and .wad or go back to an earlier version.
Old 11-11-11, 06:20   #7
kevindatsun
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkip25 View Post
That's no reason!
You can always rip the .prj, .tga and .wad or go back to an earlier version.
what do you mean by "rip"?? and how to do it??

EDIT: Hey guys no worries for now , I tried editing my wad by removing the BAD OBJECT and the rooftops PRJ loads now and wont crash..I will now edit it and follow Titak's advice

Last edited by kevindatsun; 11-11-11 at 07:13.
Old 12-11-11, 08:27   #8
mudkip25
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindatsun View Post
what do you mean by "rip"?? and how to do it??
As in extract the level straight from the .tr4 file.

Anyways, good to see you can load your level again.
If you mind, can I give lots of constructive criticism? (I won't go easy and it's common courtesy on the internet to do this lol.)

First 4 Screens:
"Flat" lighting. Here is a couple general tips to use! Darken a room to match the environment along with placing lightbulbs and shadowbulbs to add some contrast to some areas and use sunbulbs in every room and adjust them. (Even if the sun is not visible to make Lara look more 3D and pop out.)
Lots of stretched textures. You may want to segment your walls. If you don't know how, just click on a wall (or floor/ceiling tile) and click the "floor/ceiling up/down" buttons to segment it (or in the case of a floor/ceiling tile, raising/lowering the tiles themselves. When you are done with that, you should end up with 3 segments but you can segment them up to 5 if you press E/D (floor) or R/F (Ceiling) after.
Wallpaper effect. Infamous for making walls look repetitive in the classic Tomb Raider games. You can get rid of this by doing two things, press and hold Ctrl and click on a texture so it flips around or if there is an alternate texture that matches, place a couple of that instead.
Boxy

Next 3 Screens:
Everything above
Light objects too
Smoother, more natural geometry with the ground and walls

This may seem like much but you'll look back at this once you have learned how to avoid these mistakes. (IMO, my favorite part of being a builder)
Btw, may I suggest reading the entire manual for the editor? It's an important staple in the editor breakfast. Metaphorically speaking.