Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-02-18, 12:11   #27271
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Thatís the annoying bit - theyíre probably doing too much. Personally, if they realized a product on par with remake, Iím okay. I care more a quality package, not an over budgeted mess.

RE2 was made in about a year. REmake made in a similar time frame, with visuals that help up for over a decade. Zero was exactly the same visually. Why is RE2make taking 3?

Iím guessing because theyíre probably doing way too much behind the scenes, inflating their budget to hell and back, and trying to shoot the selves in the foot by trying to appeal to an audience that never even asked for the game in the first place.
Old 05-02-18, 15:04   #27272
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This is the thing - without the hardcore fans wanting some classic REmade RE2, the game wouldn't even have been developed in the first place.
And without the money from the general audience who bought the recent entries and other games from Capcom, there wouldn't be a budget for a remake.

Nobody is more important than the other. Capcom will want revenue and incomes from the remake regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Why can't they just let you chose 3rd person or fixed camera's like RE5 Lost in Nightmares? Everyone would be happy then.
Because designing and balancing a game with fixed camera angles require a complete different approach. Where they place enemies in relation to the camera matters, what the player see etc. It's a complete different game design.

It worked as an Easter Egg for a small section of a DLC, but an entire game? Not so much. But who knows.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 15:51   #27273
Nenya awakens
Golden

I’m okay if the Re2make has over the shoulder camera. It’ll be nice to see everything from a different camera angle and give a bit more flexibility for moving around and aiming. My main concern is about keeping the B horror movie feeling that the early games had. Be a shame to lose that.
Old 05-02-18, 21:38   #27274
noonbob
Professor

Have you guys seen this ?

Quote:
According to Mr. X there will be first person perspective and fixed camera angles. It seems they will be combining Resident Evil 4's over the shoulder camera angle and the old RE2's fixed camera angles into one game. Unlike RE4 though, in this game players can move when aiming and firing. Since this will come to the new gen systems, there will be no loading screens or door cutscenes. Leon and Claire will each have their story and introduction cutscenes expanded upon, such as Claire's mother receiving a letter from Chris Redfield explaining why he won't be able to see the family for awhile and this worried her. The game will take roughly 20 hours to complete since game locations have been redesigned and expanded upon. New areas and puzzles are littered throughout the game and some places like the police station, sewers, and lab each have new hidden areas and lore. The intro cutscene from the original is now a playable section that will result in Leon and Claire partnering up in a system similar to Revelations 2. You still play as both characters in their own campaigns, but they act as your partner like the newer games until they split up due to the story. There are a number of survivors that are encountered in this game but are killed in cutscenes throughout the game, such as the police chief having an affair with the mayorís daughter in his office.

New zombies are added to the game including Crimson Heads which are creatures that didn't morph into their Licker form yet. They are not as powerful as lickers and have to be killed with fire or headshots and will eventually transform in Lickers if not killed within 20 minutes of seeing them in the game. Swat zombies wearing riot gear will be harder to kill than normal zombies and appear around the police station. The alligator was cut from the game, but Hunters, spiders, and other various creatures are still here. A new half human, half bee experimental creature is now new to the game as well a giant moth boss for Leon and a plant creature boss for Claire to kill. Mr. X will stalk both characters and will attack them both throughout the campaign randomly as he searches for Sherry's pendant with the T-Virus in it. Claire will fight William in her campaign more than Leon and Leon will fight William's offspring. Claire will fight the Nemesis in a boss battle after she has completed a certain puzzle.

You can play an Ada campaign once you beat both Leon and Claire's story. Ada has numerous cutscenes throughout the game showing you what she does as she tries to escape Raccoon City. You even can control her as you aim a rocket launcher to help Leon kill Mr. X in the main story, just like she does in RE4 when she helps him kill the last boss. Tofu is appearing in a 4th Survivor DLC, alongside HUNK. HUNK was supposed to have his own mission as he escaped Raccoon City just like Ada but it seems it might have been scrapped.
Having a partner for most of the time automatically reduces the horror/fear factor
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 21:55   #27275
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ I think they meant that you only have a partner until you get to the police station.

Either way, that smells fake to me.
Old 06-02-18, 00:05   #27276
matrix54
Tomb Raider

You thought this was real? Really?

I thought it was all stupid, but checked out at 20 hours.

I read more... there was 0 hunters in RE2. And it makes no sense for either of them to fight Nemesis. He’s there for STARS members, which is why is kills Brad and goes after Jill. He even ignores Carlos to go after Jill.

After being killed in the clock tower courtyard, Nemesis is unconscious. Why would he go after Leon or Claire?

Last edited by matrix54; 06-02-18 at 00:10.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 02:35   #27277
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
You thought this was real? Really?

I thought it was all stupid, but checked out at 20 hours.

I read more... there was 0 hunters in RE2. And it makes no sense for either of them to fight Nemesis. Heís there for STARS members, which is why is kills Brad and goes after Jill. He even ignores Carlos to go after Jill.

After being killed in the clock tower courtyard, Nemesis is unconscious. Why would he go after Leon or Claire?
There's a few inconsistencies in there that are easy to catch.

But more importantly, who would know all this? Nobody just has a document with all these facts lying around in the office, and no retailer would ever receive all these factoids.

Like I said when the last "leak" happened. It contains too many details for me to take it seriously.
Old 06-02-18, 02:42   #27278
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post

Having a partner for most of the time automatically reduces the horror/fear factor
But we do have a partner for most of the game... No?

I wonder, in term of percentage, how much we are with Sherry/Ada in the entire campaign.

Last edited by Isaac; 06-02-18 at 03:09.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 02:48   #27279
trfan16
Archaeologist

@matrix54

Some of that stuff is not hard to believe. There was actually a corpse of a Hunter found in the fingerprint room of the lab in the N64 version of RE2. Also, the Below Freezing Point scenario in RE Outbreak had Hunters in the RE2 underground lab. Considering how Outbreak has been referenced a few times in later RE games, it wouldn't be surprising to see some Outbreak references in the remake. Although I would keep the Hunters to a small amount if they were to appear in RE2. Especially since the Lickers were the star enemy of that game.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nemesis will attack other individuals if he sees them as allies to STARS members. He does attack Carlos in the Clock Tower when he's bringing the vaccine back to Jill from the hospital. He definitely wouldn't go out of his way to kill non-STARS members. But there were a couple of scenes where he attacks other people who were helping Jill. It would be kind of silly for him to attack Leon and Claire though. I think a reference to him would be nice though, like the cracked window near the Dark Room.

I don't believe the rumors from noonbob's posts either. But they are interesting to read and talk about nevertheless.

Last edited by trfan16; 06-02-18 at 02:50.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 02:53   #27280
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I don't believe the rumors from noonbob's posts either. But they are interesting to read and talk about nevertheless.
Oh super interesting indeed. It's awesome to speculate on the what-ifs of the RE2 reboot. I'm particularly intrigued about a first-person version of the game, even if I'd like to see a more traditional fixed-camera perspective.