Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 19-08-12, 16:28   #1
Atlantisfreak

Default Amazon order problem

I ordered a game from amazon, but 4 days ago I recieved this email saying that my order couldn't be dispatched because, quoted,

"we can't verify your address as your card issuer has declined our request citing legal and privacy reasons."

Then they said to fax information containing the following:

Quote:
To ensure your fax is handled in a timely manner, please send the following information:

• A copy of your bank or card statement for the card used, including billing address
• The last 4 digits of the payment card
• Your name, e-mail address, phone number and order number (#***-*******-*******).
But I don't get it. It's too late to send any fax now, because there was a time limit of 4 days, and if you didn't send the information before then, the order would be cancelled. But then what? I don't get what's wrong with my address or issuer, I used Swedbank Visa, and I've ordered from amazon before using Visa, not the same card though... Should I just try to order again? Will the same thing happen again? Should I use the same address that I ordered to before, since that's not the same either? I really have no idea, so help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Atlantisfreak; 19-08-12 at 16:29.
Atlantisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-12, 16:50   #2
Quebsenuef

Do you have the option to cancel your order right now?
If so, I'd say request a cancellation, or there also should be a button somewhere that says something about changing the card you used for your purchase. If you have another debit/credit card, you can use that one.

And lol @ your signature
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-12, 17:03   #3
Atlantisfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Do you have the option to cancel your order right now?
If so, I'd say request a cancellation, or there also should be a button somewhere that says something about changing the card you used for your purchase. If you have another debit/credit card, you can use that one.

And lol @ your signature
During the time I had to send the fax in, they took away my acces to my account for some reason, and it doesn't say anywhere in the mail that i can cancel the order... Money hasn't been drawn from the card, at least.

And thanks, it's an out take from my lyrics book.

Last edited by Atlantisfreak; 19-08-12 at 17:04.
Old 19-08-12, 17:14   #4
Quebsenuef

Hmmm. So they blocked you from accessing your Amazon account? Weird.

Well if your order should have been cancelled after that 4 day limit, then it should be cancelled after that 4 days. If not, you can (I think) once you log in to your Amazon account, view your orders, click the one with the problem, and cancel it. Then the seller should send you an e-mail stateing the order was cancelled. As long as no money has been taken from the card, you should be A-OK.

"we can't verify your address as your card issuer has declined our request citing legal and privacy reasons." just sounds like your bank had a problem with the seller trying to take the money they needed to for the order, and just wouldn't let them.
Whenever I get an e-mail stateing that my address and card can't be confirmed, it's because it's a pre-paid gift card, which can sometimes look like international credit cards. Lots of websites will not accept these for some sort of legal reasons. I was told this all over the phone a few months back by a nice customer service agent for some website I tried buying something off of.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-12, 17:28   #5
Atlantisfreak

Yes, here's what it exactly said:

Quote:
During this verification process you will not be able to access your Amazon.co.uk account. Please do not place a new order using a new account as this may result in additional delays. Be advised your order will be on hold for a maximum of 4 days after which time it will be cancelled if we haven’t received your fax containing the required information.
But it does indeed sound like a bank problem. But there shouldn't be any problem, since I've used an identical card before. And not a single gift card was used, but I guess I'll try with a different card then, since it doesn't work. But yeah, no money was wasted, so I'll check if my account has been unlocked in a few hours, and proceed to use a different card another day.