www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-05-19, 16:46   #22801
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
We lost our little girl (cat) a year ago March and miss her too. Always hard when one of your pets die. We like to think she is waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.
What was her name? I like to think Mittens is still here watching over us, the day after she went to sleep I was in the kitchen putting something away when I thought I saw her walking past the window I looked at my watch and saw that it was 8pm the time when she went to sleep I think she came to say goodbye before moving on I'm again I need a tissue.

A couple of weeks later a bag next to the hall table fell over I like to think it was Mittens letting us know that she was still around, we buried her in the back garden and got a plaque made for her it says here lies our friend Mittens your paw prints are on our hearts forever.

I hope to see her again someday until then I have all the pictures I have of her to look at.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 17:02   #22802
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Aww, she was so cute. I have actually met people who got adopted by cats!! It's crazy, but it happens!!

And "Zara" is such a cute name!
Old 02-05-19, 21:49   #22803
AlexyLC
Historian

Does anyone else feel pressured by age?
What I mean is do you guys feel like time is passing by and you're not doing what you want to do (especially professionally) and for that reason you're afraid of growing old?
AlexyLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 21:54   #22804
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexyLC View Post
What I mean is do you guys feel like time is passing by and you're not doing what you want to do (especially professionally) and for that reason you're afraid of growing old?
Yes.

I dread the thought of aging. I have a major anxiety about time as in like "am I where I should be at X age?" compared to other people.

The main thing that scares me, as vain as it sounds, is losing my looks. I'm terrified I'm going to age badly, never going to find anyone and that once I hit a certain age I'll have "passed my sell-by date" and will no longer be attractive to anyone. It gives me such anxiety.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 02-05-19 at 21:55.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 22:45   #22805
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I am only turning 19 and I feel like I should be having a 30 years experience in a job and my own house already my god
Old 02-05-19, 23:21   #22806
AlexyLC
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Yes.
I dread the thought of aging. I have a major anxiety about time as in like "am I where I should be at X age?" compared to other people.
That's how I feel as well. It's a thought that hunts me everyday but comparing ourselves to others it's the worst thing we can do. I consider myself a "late bloomer" in a sense that I think everything comes late for me, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing though. But all this "fear" (let's put it that way) blooms specially from what I want to do professionally, friendships and if I'm living my life correctly for someone's my age / enjoying life purely.

Quote:
The main thing that scares me, as vain as it sounds, is losing my looks. I'm terrified I'm going to age badly, never going to find anyone and that once I hit a certain age I'll have "passed my sell-by date" and will no longer be attractive to anyone. It gives me such anxiety.
I completely understand, considering this day and age and particularly as part of the gay community. Don't need to clarify it to you, pretty sure you know how it works. All I can say is for you to do your best to age healthy, treating yourself now with good food and sports for instance.

btw my 3-years-old nephew says your avatar is ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I am only turning 19 and I feel like I should be having a 30 years experience in a job and my own house already my god
Oh you sure don't need to feel like that! At 21 I was living alone and I had experienced things I never thought I would but the most important things are still left behind. I'm working hard on it and if you know what you want the most in life then don't let time slip through your hands.

Last edited by AlexyLC; 02-05-19 at 23:23.
Old 02-05-19, 23:32   #22807
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
That's how I feel as well. It's a thought that hunts me everyday but comparing ourselves to others it's the worst thing we can do. I consider myself a "late bloomer" in a sense that I think everything comes late for me, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing though. But all this "fear" (let's put it that way) blooms specially from what I want to do professionally, friendships and if I'm living my life correctly for someone's my age / enjoying life purely.
I was actually discussing this with another member a couple of weeks ago, but I think LGBT people (and especially gay men and transwomen in particular, the ones who grew up nonconforming boys) often are "late bloomers". There's often so little space for us to fully express ourselves as children and teenagers that we're still left finding ourselves well into adulthood, going through growing pains in our 20s and 30s that most other people went through as teenagers.

I think it's probably going to be a little better for the younger generation coming up now, with it now being so much more accepted than it was even for us 10-15 years ago. That's a positive at least.

Quote:
btw my 3-years-old nephew says your avatar is ugly
I love classic Lara smiling haha, it's... sick.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 02-05-19 at 23:34.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 23:45   #22808
Fantasy
Archaeologist

Annoyed. Started medication for my anxiety this week after living with it for years and having a breakdown at the beginning of the week and since I’ve started it I’m just not sleeping at night.
Old 03-05-19, 00:08   #22809
AlexyLC
Historian

Quote:
I was actually discussing this with another member a couple of weeks ago, but I think LGBT people (and especially gay men and transwomen in particular, the ones who grew up nonconforming boys) often are "late bloomers". There's often so little space for us to fully express ourselves as children and teenagers that we're still left finding ourselves well into adulthood, going through growing pains in our 20s and 30s that most other people went through as teenagers.
I think it's probably going to be a little better for the younger generation coming up now, with it now being so much more accepted than it was even for us 10-15 years ago. That's a positive at least.
Never thought about it that way but it does make sense. I do believe, or at least wanna be optimistic about it, the following generation won't have to deal with half of what we do now. It's just not right to live in fear of such a simple thing that is to express ourselves...

Quote:
I love classic Lara smiling haha, it's... sick.
He was by my side, looked at it and just said "It's ugly" haha but I like it. The funniest thing is that he recognizes reboot Lara right away and goes "It's Lara!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Annoyed. Started medication for my anxiety this week after living with it for years and having a breakdown at the beginning of the week and since I’ve started it I’m just not sleeping at night.
It's impressive (and scary) how many young people live with anxiety. Wish you the best!

Last edited by AlexyLC; 03-05-19 at 00:12.
Old 03-05-19, 15:45   #22810
Cat Woman
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
What was her name? I like to think Mittens is still here watching over us,

I hope to see her again someday until then I have all the pictures I have of her to look at.
Our little girl’s name was Mandy. When our Siamese cat Pharaoh died, our vet mentioned someone took in some found kittens. We went for one (a male), but he and his sister were cuddled together. She was the runt of the litter, but we adopted both as we thought they should stay together. Mandy died at 13 and Riley is 14 this year. They were always together cuddling and I’m sure he misses her.

Edit: Riley wants to cuddle with Misty our other cat, but she doesn’t want a boyfriend. lol
FYI - my avatar is Misty; she will be 15 this year.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 03-05-19 at 15:52.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote