www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Technical Support

Old 05-03-13, 17:08   #1
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

Default Why there's no invert x axis option?

I got the PS3 version of the game and I was wondering why there's no invert x axis option? It appears only the y one. Is it possibile to implementing it in a future patch?

Last edited by .:Tirivol:.; 06-03-13 at 21:10.
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 00:48   #2
Ty3x
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
I got the PS3 version of the game and I was wondering why there's no invert x axis option? It appears only the y one. Is it possibile to implementing it in a future patch?
I totally agree with that !

Please make an option to invert the X axis as well as the Y one !

I don't get it why some games allow only one axis inversion. If you allow camera customisation do it to the end !

I've played games with full camera inversion for ages, and i feel like a total newbie without it, always turning around when I need to shoot something. I feel like i just wasted my money, I can't enjoy the game like this...
Ty3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 06:33   #3
EscondeR
Sage

Because inverting X axis makes no sense IMO.
Old 07-03-13, 07:57   #4
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscondeR View Post
Because inverting X axis makes no sense IMO.
Well for YOU!
A lot of people (most in europe) use the inverted camera. Really, it's really hard for me to get used to the normal one, it's like an innatural thing.
Old 07-03-13, 08:07   #5
EscondeR
Sage

Driving a bicycle with reverted controls would be fun for you then, I assume. Sorry, not my type of entertainment
Old 07-03-13, 08:13   #6
Professor

Quote:
Driving a bicycle with reverted controls would be fun for you then, I assume. Sorry, not my type of entertainment
I don't want to be rude, but if you don't have a problem with it, why you're so against it? As I said it's a problem for a big part of players! Search for example Skyrim, they made aviable only the y option and a lot of people were complaining.
Old 07-03-13, 08:15   #7
EscondeR
Sage

I'm not being rude towards you either, I genuinely wonder why would someone want to press LEFT and have the camera or character turn right???
Having vertical controls of "aviation" type can be justified, but the latter is... %-S
Old 07-03-13, 10:14   #8
Ty3x
Hobbyist

Quote:
I'm not being rude towards you either, I genuinely wonder why would someone want to press LEFT and have the camera or character turn right???
Having vertical controls of "aviation" type can be justified, but the latter is... %-S
We are talking about the camera control, and not the character.
And having you not understand something doesn't mean it isn't justified. It only means you don't understand, no offense.

Just let me explain why it actually makes more sense to have the camera move right when you press left :
Considering a third person shooter, it means that you are the third person, we could say the cameraman behind the main character, right?
Then you want to turn around the character and see what is in front of him, and of course you always want to see him.
So you will move to the right to see what is on his left, and u will crouch (go down) to see what is above him, you will move to the left to see what is on his right, and you will try to raise your camera (go up) to see what is below him. This is the best way of representing a TPS camera mode.

Well, this is why inverted camera is made for, and not allowing X inversion when you allow Y is pure nonsense.

Last edited by Ty3x; 07-03-13 at 10:19.
Ty3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 10:21   #9
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty3x View Post
We are talking about the camera control, and not the character.
And having you not understand something doesn't mean it isn't justified. It only means you don't understand, no offense.

Just let me explain why it actually makes more sense to have the camera move right when you press left :
Considering a third person shooter, it means that you are the third person, we could say the cameraman behind the main character, right?
Then you want to turn around the character and see what is in front of him, and of course you always want to see him.
So you will move to the right to see what is on his left, and u will crouch (go down) to see what is above him, you will move to the left to see what is on his right, and you will try to raise your camera (go up) to see what is below him. This is the best way of representing a TPS camera mode.

Well, this is why inverted camera is made for, and not allowing X inversion when you allow Y is pure nonsense.
thank you
obviously I don't want to be rude to CD, it's just a suggestion
Old 07-03-13, 10:38   #10
EscondeR
Sage

Talking about cameramen? Oh, yeah, Hollywood...

I'm outta here!