www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-11-14, 01:44   #1
ND4SPDMW11
Student

Default FBLA TR Game

Last year in FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), I made a game for the Computer Game Simulation & Programming event. It's called The Job Locator, and you can download it using the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gd...ob_Locator.zip

It has a LOT of glitches and issues, but none of them are game-play stoppers. Most of them are sound and texture glitches. Also this was when I wasn't the best with TRLE so it's not the best. I also was limited by requirements of a E rating, 5 separate levels related to FBLA, and I only had a week to do it properly.

Thought it was kinda interesting for TR so I posted it here. Enjoy! and please tell me what you think! It would be great
Old 02-11-14, 21:58   #2
Simone
Hobbyist

I think it's a level of debut because it has the basics that LE says ... the game is a fault with the building ... if you place the block on top of the tile once operated switch and he falls does not allow the player to continue ... this secret is good ...

Last edited by Simone; 02-11-14 at 22:25.
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 22:01   #3
Ceamonks890
Professor

No offense dude, but I think you'd be better off uploading your level to trle.net if you're wanting to get some more exposure for it, as not many folks are going to take the time to look at it here. Here's the link- http://www.trle.net/

Just send an email to MichaelP(the admin of the site) and he'll try and upload it to the site as soon as possible

In regards to your level though, I'd only really call this one something along the lines of a quick distraction at best, as there honestly isn't a whole lot to this one otherwise(with everything outside of the quiz questions being far too basic and simplistic to retain interest for long.) But at the end of the day, you only had a week to work on it. So its perfectly understandable I suppose
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 23:25   #4
Simone
Hobbyist

I would have some questions to ask yourself ... the ultimate secret can you take? The Crowbar is the purpose of that? In this room I found a coded disk but I have not used ... also here the block can fall ...
Old 03-11-14, 05:36   #5
ND4SPDMW11
Student

No offense taken

Well, It's not like I'm trying to get a whole lot of popularity on it, so I kinda just posted it here out of interest. Honestly, I only spent 3 days working on this game out of the entire week I had to build it (Mostly because of planning and FBLA preparations). The topic for the event was also really dumb (Intern at a business, going through different floors and FBLA events to get a job on the sixth floor). The quiz questions were my best way of putting the game along the lines of the topic. Though, I felt I could have done better in the 3 days.

The crowbar is a useless item that I put in the game. It has no purpose

The extra coded disk was also a mistake, and there are two blocks that can fall into trapdoors. However, the one in the bathroom leads to something. There are five secrets total in the game, which actually are found in someways that most people would never think of lol.
Old 03-11-14, 06:56   #6
Simone
Hobbyist

In fact, after I realized that your idea to take the secret was to bring down the block ... in fact there is an easier way which is to pull the block and clear the road ...

Edit

Nice one ...

Last edited by Simone; 03-11-14 at 07:09.
Old 03-11-14, 15:38   #7
ND4SPDMW11
Student

Thanks

Also Simone, I can't see the pictures that your posting

To me, the hardest secrets to find are the first level and fifth level secrets.
Old 03-11-14, 16:45   #8
Simone
Hobbyist

Sometimes I happen not to see them but then they appear ...I agree with you about the secrets ...