www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-04-16, 14:34   #1
maax87
Explorer

Lightbulb Tomb Raider : Above the Horizon

STORY:
The game takes place in the old town of Metropolis, during the siege by Nova - an organization founded many years ago in absolute secrecy. Their sole purpose was to proclaim a new faith. They believed in technology and the existence of a higher intelligence which gave birth to our world and the human civilisation. Scientists from the organization finally found something that gave Nova deep conviction about the righteoustness of their theories and goals. The newly discovered element - Lumonium, was supposed to ensure innovation and evolution for the city.

Unfortunately, no one expected that the truth behind their fasade is different and that the members of the organisation have their own goals. When Nova reached the maximum of their potential, and gathered enough firearms and equipment, they have started a revolution, that has in effect led to overthrowing of the city's authorities and managed to subordinate all of it's residents. Metropolis was turned into a fortess, surrounded by a huge wall. No one could gain access or leave the city. Nova's fanaticism was revealed in full potential shortly after they achieved their main goals. They believed that the new element was not discovered by an accident but instead it was a gift from their god - The Bright Emissary. Soon Nova began to kidnap a chosen group of residents who have never been seen again.

FEW IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT THE PROJECT:
1. The game represents an alternate version of the XX century with a mix of neo-noir mood.
2. The project is being created using NGLE editor and Meta2tr.
3. Lara has new movements, new animations and a lot more interactions with the environment.
4. You can discover interactive objects with an unusual principles (like hack tool or lighter)
5. In the game you will find coins which you can exchange to buy new items in a shop.
6. Lara will run into many various people and characters.
7. During exploration you will find optional quests.
8. In the game you will be able to return to the previously discovered locations.
9. During the game you can use optional system of icons and hints - an instinct mode.
10. Subtitles in the game will be available in English and Polish language.
CLICK HERE to download TR: Above the Horizon DEMO fom trle.net

MORE INFO / NEWS:
INTERVIEW: January 2017 - tombeaucroft.net
ARTICLE: Siliconera
ARTICLE: Geekgamer
ARTICLE: Elbotonselect
ARTICLE: Aspidetr
GAMEPLAY VIDEO:

MAKING OF TOMB RAIDER - ABOVE THE HORIZON:

SCREENSHOTS:
Screenshots from first level - Prologue.

Screenshots from second level - Shelter.

VOICES:
Pai as Lara
Greekey2 as Tori
Jarekhanzelka as Leader from Nova Organization
Maax87 as Finn
LINKS:
CLICK HERE ▪ YouTube Channel
CLICK HERE ▪ TR: Ancient Artifact II Thread
CLICK HERE ▪ TR: Pearl of Kojada Thread

Last edited by maax87; 10-04-19 at 06:29.
maax87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 14:35   #2
maax87
Explorer

It's time to share with you informations about my project and the gameplay video. I'm working on it since almost one year For a long time I wanted to start a game using NGLE + meta2tr but firstly I wanted to fully finish Ancient Artifact II.

I think that through this year I managed to do quite a lot considering that I don't have so much free time. Project has a lot of new interesting solutions and gameplay mechanism that you can see on the video. There are a lot of new movements, like climbing on vertical or horizontal poles which are places near to the walls or hang from ceiling, passing through gaps in the wall or jumping over low obstacles. Here I want to thanks Maati and Krystian for help with the scripts.

After the Prologue, which is also a tutorial level, I will begin to work on the next full level Generally Lara will visit in the game such places as old sewers, backstreets of the Metropolis city and factory with abandoned shipyard. Some things might be slightly changed, but at this momment it looks like this.
Old 12-04-16, 14:45   #3
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I like the look of it.

One question though - how do you get your textures so HD?

When I make mine HD - they look fine in TGA form, yet in-game and in-editor they don't look as sharp.
Do you use some kind of filter?
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 14:49   #4
Baratheon
Archaeologist

Absolutely incredible! Bookmarked.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 14:58   #5
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

It looks phenomenal as every work from you sir! Oh and Pai sounds exactly like Camilla!
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 15:02   #6
Shakira Croft
Archaeologist

As always you did an amazing work!

I'm not a huge fan of Rise but I like the way you've implemented things from the game like the animation at 2:22 and the help system.

Your aniamtions in general are really great!

Just a question: when Lara jumps over the pipes, is it automatic or do we need to press the action key?

Can't wait to see more

Last edited by Shakira Croft; 12-04-16 at 15:06.
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 15:03   #7
maax87
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I like the look of it.

One question though - how do you get your textures so HD?

When I make mine HD - they look fine in TGA form, yet in-game and in-editor they don't look as sharp.
Do you use some kind of filter?
Thank you Generally I use textures 256x256. However I use sharpness option during making video because youtube make video compressed and blurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
Absolutely incredible! Bookmarked.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
It looks phenomenal as every work from you sir! Oh and Pai sounds exactly like Camilla!
Thank you for kind words Indeed Pai sounds really similar to Camilla
Old 12-04-16, 15:04   #8
mileylover04
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Before I read who did the voices, I was wondering from where in the past two games Camilla said those lines. They sounded familiar enough, but sounded more calm than I thought they would've been said in crystal's games.
mileylover04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 15:08   #9
Matie
Professor

Wow, it looks great! I love how detailed the environments are - the fire, the particles, reflections, falling and floating objects... those lights are really beautiful and together with the sound effects, it all just works so well. The voice acting is also very nice. Good luck with the project!
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 15:49   #10
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Everything is so nice.