www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-09-16, 02:04   #1
tomb2player
Archaeologist

Arrow Tomb Raider: RMS Titanic - Tomb Raider Level Editor game by tomb2player

STORY

This is the prequel to official "Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft" game - my vision of things that happened right before beginning of mentioned game. Lara will face Fiamma Nera - dangerous italian crime group, with their leader Marco Bartoli, who is obsessed about conquer and rule the world. He is fascinated by the myth of legendary China Emperor and the lands he ruled very long time ago. Legend says, that Emperor was in possession of powerful Xian Sword artifact, which gave him immortality and the body shape of dragon. After all he got defeated, and the sword came back to it's resting place, deeply hidden before world, so no one can use again it's powers for bad purposes. Bartoli's father, Gianni Bartoli who had similar sick desires, somehow determined that position of legendary artifact is very close to Great China Wall. However he never found way to collect it. Now his son, Marco is continuing his will. Somehow he figured out how to get to the artifact, but he need one more thing to succeed - another artifact, which is due to Bartoli's calculations hidden deep in the dry cave system, located underneath bottom of Atlantic Ocean. Somewhere very close to most famous in the world shipwreck, RMS Titanic, as the wreck got stuck inside the same cave system. This wreck is crucial for Fiamma Nera, since they got sabotaged and due to this incident all necessary means to accomplish their task are hidden inside wreck. Special armed forces like british SAS or american SWAT are called by world governments for mission to stop this madness and save the world. It will happen together with famous adventurer, Lara Croft, who offered to help.

INFORMATION

This level is made under TRNG engine, Next Generation/High Quality type - 128x128 typical sector texture resolution, usage of Meta2TR, detailed objects and textures made from scratch, and so on. There will be WAV. format of audio, which provides lossless quality. Also high quality of sound samples.

This game is under construction since 11 January 2015, before I had another project, which is now abandoned. Some things done before like scripts or some enemies or objects, were moved to this one. This level is not in any way connected to my first one published some years ago, called "Tomb Raider and RMS Titanic". It can be considered as kind of "reboot" - it's totally different adventure, in no way connected to each other.

I know that in my first old released level, there were big gameplay issues. I would like now to officially apologise everyone for this horrible timed run, and many other bad things - I really don't know how I could do something like this. Probably I was too young and stupid . In this level there won't be things like this. Difficulty level will be much more easier, comparable to all official TR1-5 games. Now everyone, even not experienced players, will be able to enjoy this game. Gameplay will be very classic, comparable mostly to first 3 official Tomb Raider games. Also it will be more linear, less open then before in previous level. I think that open world in custom level is nice, but not the way it was made before, it was in my opinion too open and player very often got lost and confused. No more mistakes like this . And it is also about my "vision" of this level, I want it to be more like for example "Wreck of the Maria Doria", or "Temple of Xian", instead of "Barkhang Monastery" or "The Deck" - which was main inspiration for previous level when it comes to construction/design - so levels totally open, you can do many tasks in any order. Now let's say it will be "semi-open". Also there won't be any audio with vocals during game, credits may be only exception. Score will contain only instrumentals.

I planned to make thread about this game on the forum later, when there will be more progress. But I think that it's better to keep here everything, instead of my forum profile, so I decided finally to make one.

About progress, updates - One thing is that I don't want to show too much. Now I will post only old images from my profile, and two new. In the future I will add new screenshots and such. The second thing is that I don't have single location fully completed yet, and I don't want to show half finished rooms and such. I hope you understand me. And progress is excellent, recently I work on this almost everyday.

SCREENSHOTS

All following screenshots come from test locations, not final level, or showing only objects/textures:

Last edited by tomb2player; 14-12-18 at 04:06.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 02:09   #2
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Never played the original but I'm looking forward to this release
Old 11-09-16, 02:13   #3
tomb2player
Archaeologist

Oh, to be honest I don't advice to play original one, unless you like very hard custom levels, or you want to get frustrated at many parts.

Last edited by tomb2player; 11-09-16 at 04:04.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 06:04   #4
turneraider
Explorer

Wow! Great objects! Can't wait to see what all's in store!
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 09:00   #5
TombGuardian
Archaeologist

I also didn't play the original, but this looks cool
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 09:53   #6
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
Oh, to be honest I don't advice to play original one, unless you like very hard custom levels, or you want to get frustrated at many parts.
Those are my favourite custom Levels
Old 11-09-16, 10:20   #7
Tombraiderplay

man this looks so good
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 10:44   #8
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
I think the original was very good and had a very classic feeling to it. I'd actually recommend playing it. I did finish it and I'm a huge casual player so it can't be that difficult.

Anyway, you know it well that I'm very eager to play anything in a style of TR2 Maria Doria levels, so I'm waiting impatiently! Have you started making gameplay already, or not yet?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 12:02   #9
tomb2player
Archaeologist

Thanks guys! , Caesum, as far as I remember you were one of beta testers of first level, and I had to tell you what to do every 15 minutes. . This level is not that bad of course, but it has it's "moments", like timed run for example. About your question, I tend to first make "visuals", and then "carve" gameplay inside, if you know what I mean. So gameplay is the last one to finish in many locations. Now I am still most focused on creating objects and textures. Creating assets unfortunately takes most work and time, as I noticed. Later when I will done this, it will be quick straight road I hope .
Old 11-09-16, 12:44   #10
GoldfishGam3r
Hobbyist

This is looking really nice!