www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-06-17, 00:08   #1
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Default Temple of the Forgotten Sands [Back After Almost 8 Years]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY
Lara has found herself adventuring through Egypt… Time and Time again. But, this time there’s a lot more at stake. Her father’s legacy.
Lord Richard James Croft was renowned for being a kook and believing in the supernatural folklore behind most artifacts he discovered on his journeys. However, his most infamous discoveries would have to be the Sands of Set.

Set, known as the God of Chaos and Storms, reigned over Egypt at a time, casting plagues and fear over the lands using his dominion over the wind and Sands. Before being imprisoned by Horus, the son of Osiris, it was foretold that he would be released at the turn of the distant Millenia.

Lara came to fulfill that prophecy, becoming forced to race across Egypt and imprison Set within the Temple of Horus at the Great Pyramid of Giza. However, one thing she had not counted on was that the Sands that her father kept within his treasure room made Set unable to be properly vanquished.

As soon as a group of local militia discovered that the Sands were in Lara’s possession they robbed Lara of her father’s prized treasure.

With the intent of reclaiming her father’s legacy and finally vanquishing the God Set, Lara follows the thieves to Egypt where it is now a race against the clock to venture into the Underworld, beneath the Temple of the Forgotten Sands. Facing rival foes, locusts, and more on this Adventure… Lara must once again delve into her dark past to put balance back into the world. Will she find the Temple in time to finally face and defeat Set?

Levels Planned
Level 01 – Stow Away (10% Complete)
Level 02 – Desert Chase (0% Complete)
Level 03 – The Canyon (0% Complete)
Level 04 – Pathway to the Forgotten Sands (0% Complete)
Level 05 – Gateway of the Forgotten Sands [HUB Level] (0% Complete)
Level 05a – Trial of Anubis (0% Complete)
Level 05b – Trial of Bastet (0% Complete)
Level 05c – Trial of Horus (0% Complete)
Level 05d – Trial of Khepri (0% Complete)
Level 05e – Trial of Osiris (0% Complete)
Level 06 – Temple of the Forgotten Sands (0% Complete)
Level 07 – Realm of the Dead (0% Complete)
Level 08 - Set (0% Complete)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS
(Click on Images to See Full Size)

Desert Chase
The Canyon
Pathway to the Forgotten Sands
Gateway of the Forgotten Sands
Trial of Anubis
Trial of Bastet
Trial of Horus
Trial of Khepri
Trial of Osiris
Temple of the Forgotten Sands
Realm of the Dead
Set

Last edited by tombraiderfrea; 04-07-17 at 03:06.
tombraiderfrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 00:15   #2
Ceamonks890
Professor

Welcome back mate!

Your project sounds intriguing. Best of luck with making it
Old 07-06-17, 03:50   #3
LaraSpears
Student

Looks like a lovely level, good luck friend, best of wishes to you!
Old 07-06-17, 09:33   #4
Titak

Welcome back!
Good to see you building again and looking forward to seeing more of this!
It is looking good so far.

You're going the classic way with this I see.
Old 07-06-17, 21:29   #5
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
Welcome back mate!

Your project sounds intriguing. Best of luck with making it
Thank you very much!
It's good to be back, and thank you for showing interest in the project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraSpears View Post
Looks like a lovely level, good luck friend, best of wishes to you!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Welcome back!
Good to see you building again and looking forward to seeing more of this!
It is looking good so far.

You're going the classic way with this I see.
Thanks, Titia.
And yeah, decided for the old-fashioned look this time around. Usually I drive myself crazy with all the possibilities if I go for more Nex-Gen looking
stuff. Loving the screens from MoA 2, by the way. Beautiful as always.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I've made A LOT of Progress on the "Stow Away" Level. I'm about 80% done with the room geometry and making sure all of those pesky rooms connect correctly. I've also incorporated the secret locations of the level and am definitely working more on gameplay and enemy placement this time 'round, seeing as that was definitely not my strong suit when I first started the LE.

More screens coming, hopefully later, after I've worked out some of the kinks and make sure everything is showcase worthy.

Stay tuned.
Old 07-06-17, 22:02   #6
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Welcome.

I like the story of this project, what you have shown so far, and the colored roses.
It seems like a huge project, best of luck building it!
Old 08-06-17, 07:34   #7
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Welcome.

I like the story of this project, what you have shown so far, and the colored roses.
It seems like a huge project, best of luck building it!
Thank you!
Yeah, some of it, in my mind, might be a bit ambitious, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. After all, I was very young when I started messing with the Level Editor, and I was impatient. Now I've grown a bit and feel like I can tackle more complex and time consuming builds and setups.

UPDATE / NEW SCREENS
I'm about 90% done with the first level. Just have to...
- Run through a few more times to make sure the gameplay flows well and all the triggers and setups work properly
- Incorporate the third and final secret of the level
- Add the front of the train
- Add flybys and Camera Hints

Screens

(Updated First Post. )

Last edited by tombraiderfrea; 09-06-17 at 04:01.
Old 08-06-17, 08:01   #8
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

Wow, I like your level so much, I can wait to see new screens
I love the outfit, how is in front view ?
Old 09-06-17, 03:50   #9
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Wow, I like your level so much, I can wait to see new screens
I love the outfit, how is in front view ?
Thank you very much!
And thanks. The outfit is pretty simple, just a mix-match of some old meshes and simple retextures.

The Front looks like this:

One more screen from this level before I finish up the last little touches and do a full run through of it to the finish trigger.

So far, doing all of my tests using DOZY to get all weapons at the start, the average seems to be 15-17 Minutes. So, my guess with finding all the secrets and some backtracking, the level will be about 20-24 minutes depending on Enemy behavior.

Next I think I will be working on the Big HUB Level I'm planning on doing with the five side challenge areas, because I feel like that will be the most time consuming to get as perfect as possible. Getting pretty excited, now!

(Updated First Post )

Last edited by tombraiderfrea; 09-06-17 at 04:01.
Old 11-06-17, 14:14   #10
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

UPDATE
I am officially finished with the first level of this adventure.
All gameplay is finished, triggers work, and there is an official level end!
Besides a Small Pickup Issue I'm still trying to figure out, everything is working smoothly, and I'm starting work on the Textures and WAD for the next level.

I honestly forgot how addicting the level editor can be, and am surprised that building this first level went so quickly.

Here are some (near) final screens of the level before I move on to the next.

(Updated First Post)