www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-07-17, 10:27   #1
Rai

Default SPOILERS: Game of Thrones Season 7

Well, it's here! Season 7! (Well a few hours to go).

This discussion is for the current season of GoT only. There will be spoilers in here, so if you haven't watched an episode of season 7 or are not caught up with previous seasons for some odd reason (), then best not proceed. For those who have seen the episodes to date, please be aware that there are different time zones and for this and other personal reasons, some people may wish to discuss earlier episodes, but aren't yet caught up with the current one, so try to remain cautious when discussing the current episode. It's difficult to know when it's safe, but just try not to blurt out massive spoilers too soon or, for a precaution use white text for a day or two.

For all book and previous seasons discussions, please Continue Here. Please do NOT post S7 spoilers in there.

Enjoy season 7. Valar Morghulis.

Last edited by Rai; 16-07-17 at 10:37.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-17, 11:01   #2
klona
Gold Contributor

13 hours left.
Old 16-07-17, 13:24   #3
Dennis's Mom

I watched from season 5.5 through season six in the last few days to prepare myself.

I remember it feeling like it dragged when it was aired. Watching the eps in quick succession, I didn't feel that way at all.

So I'm going to wait until the season is over and watch them all at once.

I also have a fantastic bridge from London I'd like to sell you if you're interested.
Old 16-07-17, 18:22   #4
Shakira Croft
Archaeologist

Ohhhh my god I can't wait
Old 17-07-17, 03:15   #5
klona
Gold Contributor

Was I the only one who guessed that Arya was pretending to be Lord Frey to poison everyone when the scene began?
Old 17-07-17, 10:12   #6
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

^No, it was obvious because of what happened to him last season. But I think it was meant to be.

----

Hmmm. Fed up of the Sansa / Jon thing already. I think the way they've written all of this makes Jon look bad - well to me anyway. To me he shouldn't be King. It was Sansa who is next in line until Bran turns up. It's not OK that they just forget the society they're living in (where these kinds of illegimate v. legimate births are extremely important and form the basis of the entire structure of society they live in - ensuring that marriage alliances between powerful families are worth having) and everyone is just happy with it. And worse, what's going to happen when the rightful heir, Bran, turns up at Winterfell? I suppose he'll just be OK with Jon stealing his birthright because it suits the plot they've created, but the bannermen shouldn't be. And Jon (as Ned's son) shouldn't be either...

But ignoring that, why does he deserve to be King anyway? It was Sansa who talked him into taking back the north in the first place. Without her insistence on this, what would he be doing now? Probably being hunted for deserting the night's watch by Ramsay who would still be Warden of the North. And then when he took them all to battle, he nearly got them all killed. It's not ok when the stakes are so high to just "risk it" with the men they've got knowing full well it isn't enough. People want to follow him into a battle with the Night's King?? I wouldn't at all.

I accept that they've put him in this position, but don't keep playing up the Sansa v. Jon thing as if he's right to just take power like that and she's wrong to question him. It just reminds me how he shouldn't actually be King in the first place and annoys me.

I think the problem is that instead of following what the books have hinted they will do to make Jon King (Robb's will which he wrote to prevent the Lannisters (through Tyrion's marriage to Sansa) from getting their hands on the North), in the show they've invented another reason and I think it impacts on his character and also Sansa's. And also the northern bannermen. Jon now feels a bit undeservedly arrogant to me.
Which is a shame because I want to root for him and have from the beginning...

Regarding the fire watching by the Hound, I found that interesting but also weird. Can anyone just see into the flames now? Or is the Hound someone special and just never realised it before? Or was it because Thoros was nearby?

I thought it was funny that Ayra met all those Lannister soldiers and told them, "I'm going to King's Landing to kill the Queen". I also thought it was a good scene for her because it inverted her expectations about the enemy.... That there isn't this good v. bad necessarily. After all, at some stage presumably all soldiers from all sides will have to join up to fight the WW

Danaerys's arrival at Dragonstone was a bit anti-climatic to me

Sam's duties were hilarious.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 17-07-17 at 10:16.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 10:56   #7
Admles

Did they really have to cast Ed Sheeran?

Really?

That was so badly done
Old 17-07-17, 11:33   #8
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

It was really really noticeable.

Not in a good way. A bit like how I expect it is with David Beckham in King Arthur.
Old 17-07-17, 12:54   #9
Dennis's Mom

Guys, remember, this thread is just for this season, so you don't have to white out huge swatches of text. Old habits are hard to break, but no one will be here that doesn't want to discuss what's going on in Season 7.

I admit to thinking the Freye scene was a Red Wedding flashback for the first few moments, but then they never showed any Starks and I realized it was Arya.

They have to play up Sansa/Jon simply to keep Littlefinger in play. After all that's happened, Sansa should know better than to be sucked in by Baelish, but they have to keep her feeling shafted by Jon so it's believable when she betrays him (and she will. It's GOT.)

Sansa may have a better claim to Winterfell by birth, but Jon is a commander and that's who the bannerman want to follow. Sansa, through her inexperience and plotkai, had lots of armed men coming from the Vale and somehow neglected to mention that critical bit of information when pressing Jon to wait. Jon might have waited had he known reinforcements were coming and Wun Wun might still be alive (not to mention lots of others). "I saved Winterfell!" yeah, but you made a lot of people die who didn't have to because of your insecurity. TBH, I was surprised everyone wasn't more upset by her deception. That's critical information for a commander.

Bran, when he returns will have the best claim to Winterfell, but he is also the 3 Eyed Raven and crippled. The first may be a reason he refuses to be Warden and the second may be a reason for the bannermen to prefer Jon.

But Bran also has the bombshell that Jon isn't a Stark which blows up everything. How will Jon react to this news? Will Sansa take it as her cue to force Jon out at Baelish's urging? And how does Baelish react when there is another Targaryen who might stand in the way of his pretty picture? Does Jon go to King's Landing or Dragonstone?

Does anyone else find it odd that Arya heads for King's Landing rather than Winterfell? The news of Winterfell's return to Stark hands has reached King's Landing. Surely Arya would have heard it. Don't you think she would head north to reunite with Sansa and Jon first?
Old 17-07-17, 13:04   #10
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Yay we have lived the time till Winter has arrived.

Nice season premiere.

I hated the Sam parts though. And Ed Sheeran.

Love Arya and Daeny's parts. And Lady Mormont of course.