www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-09-18, 07:37   #1
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Default *spoilers* HQ ORIGINAL/UNPATCHED ENDING *spoilers*

EDIT: We have a sort of “update” from Justin:

From Square:

Quote:
Unfortunately one of the directions that was considered, but not chosen, was mistakenly included in the game. The Day One patch fixes this error, along with many other improvements. As always, we highly recommend that our players install the patch to enjoy the complete and most up-to-date experience.

I know we've got like 3 threads about this ending, but we didn't have proper high-quality footage of this yet, and I don't want it to get lost in those threads.

So I unpatched my game and I played through it again for like 4 hours straight to get this. Thanks to tombstone for originally informing us of this ending, and for the initial footage that they provided.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 20-09-18 at 17:08.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:39   #2
Stevo505
Relic Hunter

Thank you so much for sharing. I can't for the life of me see why they changed this. It would have been such a nice homage for us, the fans. Ah, well.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:40   #3
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I know we've got like 3 threads about this ending, but we didn't have proper high-quality footage of this yet, and I don't want it to get lost in those threads.

So I unpatched my game and I played through it again for like 4 hours straight to get this. Thanks to tombstone for originally informing us of this ending, and for the initial footage that they provided.

You, sir have saintly tolerance.
Old 20-09-18, 07:42   #4
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I really hope that was NOT fanmade..

and why do they always pull this **** - that ending would have at least got me as little excited for the future - instead of the one we got.

Perhaps they felt it was too obvious, so they went for a more subtle approach with the picture of the T Rex and Egypt instead?
Were the duals in the final ending or not, I forget?

I wonder if yet another TR1 remake is on the horizon - or perhaps this was just meant to connect to the Core Design games and thats that.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:42   #5
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Thanks for this Daft Raider

I really like this one better. If it weren't for the letter, I think it'd have been great otherwise. Ah well, shame they patched it out last minute. It probably is better to leave it more open ended, but I still think that it would've been simpler to just change the letter texture if they wanted to avoid alluding to that in the next game(s).

I still like the idea of her going on new adventures with new characters better for this reboot universe, but that's me.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:45   #6
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Thanks for this Daft Raider

I really like this one better. If it weren't for the letter, I think it'd have been great otherwise. Ah well, shame they patched it out last minute. It probably is better to leave it more open ended, but I still think that it would've been simpler to just change the letter texture if they wanted to avoid alluding to that in the next game(s).

I still like the idea of her going on new adventures with new characters better for this reboot universe, but that's me.
True..

Still, shooting dinos in the face with a bow in Lost Valley sounds pretty fitting LOL

Really hope Lara has duals and maybe a backpack next time around though - we have waited long enough IMO
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:45   #7
laracroftswest
Professor

Really cool. Thanks for snagging this!

Ugh I want answers about this. "I must understand!"
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:48   #8
Princess_Paige
Gold Contributor

This ending is far better than the one we got and at least the “become the Tomb Raider” thing would have made sense. Why in the world the changed it is beyond me
Old 20-09-18, 07:54   #9
Isaac
Relic Hunter

This is definitely better in many ways, outside the nostalgia factor. The tone, the lighting...

It's so unusual for studios to change a complete cutscene so drastically in a day-one patch. I really want to know what happened.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 07:54   #10
CrisSioux
Explorer

I do hope ED adress this.
CrisSioux is offline   Reply With Quote