Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 27-05-05, 23:30   #1
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Arrow

In the northern parts of Australia’s Northern Territory, April and May are months when people conduct planned burning in order to reduce underbrush and prevent more damaging fires later in the dry season. This image of Northern Territory captured by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite on May 17, 2005, shows many fires (marked in red) burning in the region around Darwin. About 150 to 175 kilometers east and southeast of Darwin, the fires are burning in the Kakadu National Park, part of the ancestral lands of the country's Aboriginal people. The traditional, often ceremonial, burning that occurs at this season is part of the relationship of people with the landscape that has gone on in the region for thousands of years.

Copyright 2005 NASA
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-05, 21:19   #2
adventuregirl

I visited those areas When I was travelling in Australia 2002. I hope the whole Kakadu National Park won´t burn down.. O__o It really is a fascinating place! Some day I will return there and I hope I´ll meet my aboriginal friends again.^^ They live in Arnhem Land, it´s a performing group named The White Coc*atoo. (Cencored! O_O) I love those people! I was surprised when I noticed they´ve got a picture of me on their website.

It´s really an exciting experience to drive through the bushfires in the night.. o_______O I WANNA GO BACK!

[ 28. May 2005, 22:21: Message edited by: advis ]
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote